Insurance coverage information
Most insurance plans cover 100% of the cost of screening with no co-pays or deductibles. Even without insurance, there are low cost, reliable options.
View available coverage for different health plans.
For those with little or no insurance
The Affordable Care Act makes insurance more available to everyone. To find out about your insurance options visit HealthCare.gov.
Below are local and national resources for patients who are diagnosed with colorectal cancer and need assistance paying for treatment:
- The Figg Tree Foundation – Provides grants to help with medical expenses ranging from doctors visits to chemotherapy treatment (click on Grant Info)
- Patient Advocate Foundation – The Colorectal CareLine provides one-time grants to patients who have been diagnosed with colorectal cancer and need help with transportation services associated with their care
- BenefitsCheckUp, a Service of the National Council on Aging – Helps seniors access available benefits for health care and other needs
- HealthWell Foundation – Helps pay for medications for patients who are underinsured
- Oregon Primary Care Association – provides a list of federally qualified health centers across Oregon (click on Find a Health Center)
- Project Access – Coordinates a network of volunteer physicians and other health care providers, making it easier for them to donate medically necessary care to the low-income uninsured in our communities.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American Cancer Society
- National Cancer Institute, or 1-800-4-CANCER
During my first colonoscopy my doctor found several polyps and removed them without any complications. I’ve just recently had my second colonoscopy and received a clean bill of health. This is a simple procedure that provides early detection, and colorectal cancer is very treatable is found early.
People have misconceptions about having this procedure done. I’m telling my story to help normalize this procedure and motivate others to get screened.
Sue Flammang – Coos Bay