Colorectal cancer is the second most deadly form of cancer, but it doesn’t have to be. Screening can prevent the cancer or catch it early when it’s highly treatable—improving the patient’s prognosis, and greatly reducing health care costs and missed days of work.
Research shows that most people get screened because they were encouraged by someone they know and trust. So, please help spread the word by urging your employees who’ve been screened to encourage others to get screened too.
Here are easy ways to keep your employees healthy and let them know you care.
- Print this poster and post it where your employees will see it—in the kitchen, break room or bathrooms, for example.
- Customize this letter and send it to all employees. Consider putting it in their employee mailboxes.
- Print this flyer and distribute to employees. Consider including in their paychecks.
Other ways you can support the campaign:
- Send the flyer out as an email to all employees or include it in your e-newsletter.
- Send the flyer to your external network with a note that you support the campaign.
- Talk about this campaign in an upcoming staff meeting and encourage employees who have been impacted by colorectal cancer or screening to share their stories.
- Have your insurance benefits contact speak with employees about their health coverage and, specifically, their coverage for preventive screening.
Listen to a local employer’s story.
Thank you for playing an important role in helping to prevent colorectal cancer.
Prevention! Prevention! Prevention! I often believe that people look at this type of issue as an “older” person issue, but it isn’t!
Jennifer Susi Medford, Oregon