Talking to your patients
Here are a few talking points you can use when speaking to patients about colorectal cancer screening:
- Colorectal cancer is the second most deadly form of cancer, but it doesn’t have to be.
- Screening can prevent the cancer or catch it early when it’s highly treatable.
- Most insurance plans cover 100% of the cost of screening with no co-pays or deductibles. Even without insurance, there are low cost, reliable options. Let’s talk about the one that is right for you.
- Make and keep your appointment to be screened.
- Then, talk about your experience and encourage other people you know to be screened too.
My mother died of colorectal cancer when she was only 60 years old. She was my best friend. And she was taken too early from me and my family. Now, my siblings and I get screened regularly to prevent the cancer. I don’t want my kids to lose their mom like I lost mine.
Wendy – Gearhart (listen to my story on the radio)